Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 08:52:52 -0400
From:      "Gary W White" <gwhite@npc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I am experiencing a slow put on FTPs

--------------7A0F9DC05FA915A4919A9093

Hello,

I am having a issue where FTPs when sent from a NT/windows platform to
my FreeBSD box perform wonderfully, but when I send them from another
unix platform, including FreeBSD, I get very slow throughput.

I have changed the following buffer settings, to attempt to correct
this...
sysctl -w kern.ipc.maxsockbuf=8388608
sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0
sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.sendspace=1048576
sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.recvspace=1048576

This seemed to increase the speed in the pulling of files, but the
putting of files is still very slow......  This is all on a internal LAN
with Full/100 settings on both boxes...  a example of the speed
difference is....  gets --- 2.5M/sec.... puts.... 38K/Sec

Can anyone give me a clue...
Thanks
Gary

--------------7A0F9DC05FA915A4919A9093

begin:vcard
n:White;Gary
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:National Processing Company, LLC;Network Operations
version:2.1
email;internet:gwhite@npc.net
title:Network Operations Supervisor
fn:Gary White