Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2000 15:30:44 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "F. Heinrichmeyer" <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Progress with adsm client under freebsd

Quoting Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>:

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, F. Heinrichmeyer wrote:
>
> > i have a really bad time with my linux server sometimes and would be
> > happy to use freebsd on ALL my servers. In the beginning i was bound
> > linux to use some legacy-LDAP-software. Now i have something portable,
> > but there still is the ADSM-Problem:
> >
> > Has anyone managed to use any ADSM client with freebsd stable (4.x)?
>
> You need a hack to disable the path munging so the ADSM client sees the
> entire disk and not what's in /compat/linux.  It's a hack, but is
> controllable via sysctl.
>
> If you want this please contact me directly.

I once fooled some other agent - arcserve's uagent by having
/compat/linux/etc/mtab with all the mountpoints I wanted to backup.
BTW, if someone needs assistance in setting up arcserve's client on FreeBSD
he/she can contact me for assistance. It's a bit tricky, but easily solved with
ktrace :)

P.S. uagent sucks :)
--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]