Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:46:17 -0400
From:      Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
To:        Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, x11@FreeBSD.org, jean-christophe <jean-christophe_11@orange.fr>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: xf86-video-radeonhd-1.2.1_1

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:44:14 -0400
Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 18:41 +0200, jean-christophe wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > i would like know if a new version of radeonhd port is prevu.
> >
> > i read in the xorg wiki that the 3D support for my carte was bear
> > with a latest version of radeonhd and there dependances.
> >
> > i am not enough any experiences in freebsd for modify him self the
> > port.
> >
> > i am with freebsd-current and it isn't with the actualy version of
> > radeonhd.
> >
> > i am waiting for install blender for working in my project.
> >
> > if not updating this port soon i must try to update him self but i
> > am not your experience and i was need more time as you to get a
> > fonctionnal port.
> >
> > thanks for your reply.
> > best regard
> > jean-christophe.
>
> Probably not until they release a new driver. However, I've just been
> following their git tree directly and that works pretty well for me.

Have you tried radeonhd vs. radeon?  Last I heard, the radeonhd driver
had issues with using 2D and 3D acceleration at the same time.

I'm currently using the radeon driver with a PCIe x1800 and an AGP
x1300 on two separate systems without any real issues thanks to
Robert's great work.

Adam

believed to be clean.