Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:33:33 -0300
From:      jonny@jonny.eng.br (Joao Carlos Mendes Luis)
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mirror Site Requirements...

Somebody told me that Ken Smith said:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:49:35AM -0300, Joo Carlos Mendes Lus wrote:
> > >On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 01:33:32PM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:
> > >The question he raised was whether requiring the packages as part
> > >of being a Tier-2 was necessary.  Using the 5.1 release as an example
> > >what I proposed as the Tier-2 requirements was that they carry:
> > >
> > >	releases/i386/5.1-RELEASE/
> > >	ports/i386/packages-5.1-release/
> > >
> > >I don't think it's necessary for them to carry the -current packages.
> >
> >     You mean that only the packages from the lastest stable release is
> > needed at tier-2, right?  Considering the -packages growth, I don't
> > think we can force a tier-2 to carry more than one set...
>
> Sorry - yes.  I'm having problems mapping directory names into something
> useful for this conversation.  They should carry:
>
> 	ports/i386/packages-5.1-release/
>
> and should not be *required* to carry:
>
> 	ports/i386/packages-5-current/

    Just to be clear:  We have now 3 "main" distributions: 4.8-RELEASE,
5.1-RELEASE and 5-current.  Do you mean Tier-2 should carry both 4.8
and 5.1, only 5.1 (the lastest release), or only 4.8 (the recommended
release)?

    As I have stated before in private, I currently have only packages
for 4.8-RELEASE, but have both ISOs and dists for 4.8 and 5.1-RELEASE.
Is this ok?

					Jonny

--
João Carlos Mendes Luís			jonny@jonny.eng.br