Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 14:12:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup)
Subject:   hylafax

  After spending a few hours installing and configurating
  hylafax, I've got a question or two.  Hopefully someone
  of the list will be able to shed some light.

  For the requested device I entered ``cuaa1'' into the
  faxaddmodem script.  According to the prrogram, my
  modem seems to be hung-up.  Any ideas why this would be
  reported??

  I've got a USR 28.8 V.34 Fax modem, strictly off the
  shelf...and so far it has worked pretty well.  From my
  hacking my understanding is that /dev/cuaa? is the
  dial-out device and that /dev/ttyd? is the dial-in.
  Is this the case for the fax suite as well?

  Since adding the modem to the fax config the LED labeled
  ``ARQ/FAX'' has been flashing...but I've been able to
  connect via tip, cu, and ppp as before.  (I'm working my
  way through the docs and haven't seen anything about the
  blinking LED....)

  If someone could send whatever config files are appropriate
  it would be a major help.

  Thanks in advance,

  gary kline