Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:37:49 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth Keyboard

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 12:00:51PM -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Loren M. Lang wrote:

> >>it is coming along. i finally started to commit bits and pieces (i.e.
> >>vkbd(4))
> >
> >I actually ran across vkbd, it looks like a generic way to insert
> >keyboard events into the kernel, but not specific to any technology like
> >bluetooth.  I'm assuming you also have a user-land daemon that uses
> >sockets to talk on bluetooth then pass the event to vkbd.  Is there a
>
> correct
>
> >place to find the userland daemon source at the moment or do you just
> >have a private copy?
>
> there is somewhat old version is in cvs, but it is not connected to the
> build
>
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/bthidcontrol
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/bthidd
>
> you can read the code and try to get the idea. bthidcontrol(8) should
> just work. bthidd(8) has very simple support for bluetooth mouse and no
> support for the keyboard.

I tried compiling both bthidd and bthidcontrol, but they are complaining
about a missing header and a missing type, report_desc_t.  I'm assuming
report_desc_t is supposed to be defined in libusbhid.h, but that does
not seem to be on my system anywhere according to locate.  Is that in
some port or just an old file since I'd think nothing under /usr/src
should depend on a port.

> >I would like to help with this project since I've had my bluetooth
> >keyboard sitting on the shelf for months waiting for support in freebsd
> >and I have been doing some other work in bluetooth recently.
>
> sure. i'll be glad to review and commit your patches.

How old is the cvs version, I'd hate to be fixing old bugs or writing
code that is no longer useful.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C