Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:21:51 +0200
From:      Haavard Vaagstoel <havardjv@online.no>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making it?

I run a 4.0-RELEASE system with a TELES 16.6c PnP ISDN card. Thinking that
it would be kind of nice to be able to use it from the FreeBSD system, I'm
trying to build a kernel supporting it (first things first). However, the
making of the kernel crashes and burns (during the 'make depend' process I
believe). The error message is something along the lines of "don't know how
to make" then a filename.c which seems to be related to a different card
(ELSA something). The only card in the kernel config is the TELES.

One possible problem here is that I reinstalled the i4b files ignorant of
the stock 4.0-REL i4b (actually I wasn't aware that i4b was now included)...

What I'm leading up to here is: I need help. If it can be any help I can
try and post the complete error message, but I kind of have a feeling that
some files are in the wrong places.

The easiest way to fix that is, I guess, to install them to where they
should have been. So, how and where do I extract the i4b distribution, and
what is the next step after doing so?

Any input here would be greatly appreciated!
--
haavard vaagstoel <havardjv@online.no>

nothing ever burns down by itself, every fire needs a little bit of help