Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 01:38:44 +0900
From:      Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Johan Allard <allard@NetMan.SE>, Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>, Dima Ruban <dima@best.net>, Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel permissions

>If we could just get the WIDE people and the INRIA people (and the NRL
>people) to all coalesce around a single solution, we'd have a clear
>winner.

	Though I'm very happy to try a joint effort, I think it is a
	"hard one".  There's no standardized way of dealing with bunch of
	details of IPv6.  WIDE/INRIA/NRL/others are quite different from
	each other.  (believe me I ported INRIA/NRL from *BSD to *BSD several
	times, for some snapshots)
	Just imagine the differences in {Net,Free,Open}BSD{/OS} sys/net{,inet}
	code, and imagine why they can't be the same.  You'll see what I'm
	saying.

	For WIDE IPv6/IPsec code:
	We're going to work on WIDE IPv6 stack in a full-time manner,
	so we'll be able to release WIDE IPv6/IPsec for FreeBSD 3.0
	(maybe SNAP-98xxxx) in some weeks, hopefully.
	ftp://ftp.itojun.org/pub/ipv6 has weekly snapshot, as always.

Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh
itojun@{itojun.org,iij.ad.jp,kame.net}
one of WIDE people