Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:43:25 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fcash@ocis.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q: Looking for a recommendation for hardware RAID cards and FreeBSD

On July 14, 2005 11:33 am, J. Nyhuis wrote:
>  	I am looking at purchasing a 3ware SATA 8006-2LP RAID (SATA)
> controllers for a servers running FreeBSD 5.4-stable.  Is anyone out
> there using a SATA 3ware RAID controller card on FreeBSD and would be
> willing share their experiences, good, bad, or otherwise?
>  	3ware has done well by me with my Linux boxes, but I am willing to
> consider other vendors if they have a better product.

I've heard great things about the 9000-series from 3Ware on the -current
and -stable mailing lists.  There's even vendor support (FreeBSD drivers,
CLI management, web management, etc) from 3Ware, as well as the 3dm ports
and native drivers.

We're using a handful of Escalade 7506 cards with great success.  We were
going to use 9000-series cards in our new servers, but the local vendors
have an 8-week backorder on them.  So we're using LSI MegaRAID 6-port SATA
cards instead.
--
Freddie Cash
fcash@ocis.net