Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:33:12 -0700
From:      "alex huppenthal" <alex@aspenworks.com>
To:        "Tom Samplonius" <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ATM and traffic shaping

Tom,

 Thanks for the response.

 I have a Lucent PSAX switch. I'll check to see if buffering is available.
If it is, then a combination of IP throughput management plus buffering in
the PSAX should work. Bursts of max-buf-len bytes will drop into the switch
and the switch would pace the outbound cell rate.

Just checked.. There is a bit of a problem, the PSAX DS3 card will not do
traffic shaping. I'm screwed. I have a channelized DS3 also, but there's no
way to configure it to make it clear channel, with traffic shaping. Yikes!
I'm going to dump it all and call for IP over Sonet. Anyone know of dark
fiber between Glenwood Springs, CO and Denver?

:-)

oh, there must be a way..