Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:43:03 +0100
From:      Sabine Baer <baerks@t-online.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No /dev/da0

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 01:56:59AM +0000, Frank Shute wrote:

[...]

> Have you tried playing around with camcontrol(8)?

Yes, but the only effect was a freezing controlling terminal.
Only
# camcontrol devlist
<MATSHITA DMC-FX8 0100>            at scbus0 target 0 lun 0
(da0,pass0)
#
Shutting down the system I can read "Some processes wouldn't die"

> Maybe after you've plugged it in, try:
>
> # camcontrol load 0:0:0
>
> then:
>
> # camcontrol devlist
>
> and then try mounting it if it shows up given the above command.
>
> Sometimes, you have to:
>
> # camcontrol stop 0:0:0
> # camcontrol rescan 0:0:0
> # camcontrol load 0:0:0
>
> to get it to behave.
>
> Before unplugging it, unmount it and then:
>
> # camcontrol eject 0:0:0

Thank You. Might be I did a mistake, but now even /dev/pass0 has gone.

Sabine

--
Le cardinal César Baronius avait raison: "Le Saint-Esprit nous apprend
comment aller au ciel et non pas comment va le ciel".