Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:20:11 -0500
From:      Dan Kilbourne <bsd-lists@netophilia.net>
To:        NathanKelly31@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installing bsd on a laptop

NathanKelly31@aol.com extolled:
> hello, do you know of any laptop brands that can run freebsd or openbsd that
> is available to purchase???

I can tell you that my Dell C640 worked right out of the box. Xorg
-configure got all my X stuff correct (I just needed to set default
color depth to my personal preference). Even my wireless NIC works
immediately with a "dhclient wi0." The only option I needed to add to
the kernel to get everything working was "device sound"

--

___
Dan