Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 1995 08:28:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Daniel Baker <dbaker@concorde-mail.neosoft.com>
To:        "Duane R. Ellison" <duane@gargamel.ptw.com>
Cc:        questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: laplink connection (fwd)

On Sun, 2 Jul 1995, Duane R. Ellison wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to connect two machines together via the par port.  So
> far it doesn't seem to be going real well.  Since these machines do not
> have real address I have configured them in /etc/hosts as 10.0.0.2 topdog
> and 10.0.0.3 saber.  I am not sure if that is correct or not but I am
> just trying to get the two machines to talk together.  I have tried
> adding a line for lp0 in /etc/sysconfig but that doesn't seem to work
> correctly either.  Any help would really be appreciated.
I'v done that with two machines, Concorde and Oscar both with artificial
addressing.
Snip of my hosts file:

#
# Imaginary network.
10.0.0.2                concorde concorde.baker.net
10.0.0.3                oscar oscar.baker.net

Then, on Oscar I type in:
ifconfig lp0 10.0.0.3 10.0.0.2
route add concorde 10.0.0.3
route add 10.0.0.3 127.0.0.1

Then, on Concorde, I type in:
ifconfig lp0 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.3
route add oscar 10.0.0.2
route add 10.0.0.2 127.0.0.1

Then you should be able to use TCP/IP and everything.

> Duane...

>        Duane Ellison                         duane@gargamel.ptw.com
>        Edwards, CA                         73514.1502@compuserve.com
>                                          http://gargamel.ptw.com/~duane

Daniel Baker -- NeoSoft Student Assistant (UseNet, FTP & CivNet Admin.)
DBaker@NeoSoft.COM
DBaker@Concorde-Mail.NeoSoft.COM
      ** http://www.neosoft.com/neosoft/staff/dbaker/default.html **