Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:31:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Robert Du Gaue <rdugaue@calweb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Max logical/LUN support question

I recently picked up a SCSI-to-SCSI RAID. So far I'm impressed with this
solution and speed. However, right now I have one big logical 13GIG drive.
When I tried breaking this down into reasonable sizes I ran out of
allowable device names. Trying to make additional devices (IE MAKEDEV
sd0s1i) doesn't seem allowable (wipes out all the other sds1x devices
too).  So Instead, the RAID system has the ability to separate out logical
devices into mulitple LUNs. Doing this however, doesn't work as it looks
like FreeBSD doesn't support multiple LUNs as only LUN 0 shows up.

I'd much perfer to make more devices instead of LUNs anyways. How do you
make more SCSI devices for a single physical drive then what is currently
a default of what appears to be 6? Or if that's not possible, is there a
multiple LUN support option I'm missing somewhere? My controller is a
2940UW in case that matters.

Thanks in advance!

Robert Du Gaue - rdugaue@calweb.com                  http://www.calweb.com
President, CalWeb Internet Services Inc.                    (916) 641-9320