Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:18:55 -0600
From:      Sylvain Laroche <laroche@odin.mdacc.tmc.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation Problem on AlphaStation 200

Hi,

  I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.2 on an AlphaStation 200 4/100.  I can
get the computer to start booting from the CD-ROM, using "boot dka500",
but once it gets to
"Booting [kernel]..." it just stalls and nothing more happens.  no sign
of cd or hard disk activity either.  are there some commands i need to
issue from the SRM prompt before i should try to boot from the CD? Or
are there flags or options i'm missing in the boot command?

I'm using keyboard and monitor, not serial console.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sylvain Laroche
Department of Biostatistics
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center