Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:49:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   New Book: The Best of FreeBSD Basics by Dru Lavigne

Dru Lavigne's popular and frequently-recommended column has been updated,
improved, and compiled into a new book, The Best of FreeBSD Basics.

It is available at Amazon, a few other book stores, and more book stores
coming soon. The ISBN is 978-0-9790342-2-0. The book's website is at
http://www.reedmedia.net/books/freebsd-basics/

Dru wrote over 110 articles (over 250 web pages) documenting her FreeBSD
experiences starting in early 2000. "Being the meticulous sort, I had a
journal of all of the attempts, error messages, and successes I had
encountered since stumbling upon freebsd.org through an Internet search."
(From the book preface.) The column -- and now the book -- covers a huge
range of FreeBSD, Unix, and open source topics.