Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 08:05:18 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Lute Mullenix <lute@cableone.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: setiathome question

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 02:30:35PM -0500, Lute Mullenix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I built the port for setiathome, and it started up and worked fine for
> about a week, but now it seems to be quitting all the time. When doing the
> build no files were altered, I don't know what I'm doing there so I don't
> do anything.
>
> Anyway what I want to know is how do restart it as nobody with out
> rebooting the system, and is there some way to figure out why it's
> quitting?

Sometimes the data-servers quit, or the data-flow gets interrupted.
Usually the client recovers, but not all the time. If nothing seems to
be happening for a long time, stop the setiathome client and remove the
"wtemp.sah" file in /var/db/setiathome directory. This will force the
client to refetch new data.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>