Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 1995 10:44:56 +0100
From:      Simon Marlow <simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
To:        vak@cronyx.ru
Cc:        davidg@root.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beta version of IDE CD-ROM driver ready

> I finished the beta version of ATAPI (IDE) CD-ROM driver,
> and would commit it.
>
> Rod said you could help me.
>
> I put it to ftp.cdrom.com:/FreeBSD/incoming/wcd10.tgz.
> Would you please look at it and commit?
> I am ready to make any needed changes needed.

I tried out this driver, but it doesn't seem to work for drives on the
second controller (wdc1).  Firstly, the controller isn't recognised by
wdprobe because the reset times out (presumably because there are no
hard disks on this controller).  So I hacked around this and made some
more mods to get the drive probed & attached correctly, but any open
operations on the device just hang.

Now I'm stuck :)

Cheers,
    Simon