Date:      Sun, 04 Dec 2005 16:22:34 +0100
From:      Martin MATO <martin.mato@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   isc-dhcpdserver (was Re: [rc update] sshd no longer starts at boot)

Doug Barton a écrit :

>Nicolas Blais wrote:
>

>>After a cvsup/buildworld today, sshd (and cupsd, reported in PR ports/89892)
>>will no longer start at boot on my system.
>>

>There was a problem with the cups.sh startup script that is only apparent
>relative to the new rcorder stuff in HEAD. The cups.sh script has the
>PROVIDE label in it for NetBSD's purposes, but from our standpoint, it's
>still an "old style" startup script. Since the new code in HEAD looks for
>this label, it was trying to treat the script in the new way, and that
>caused the boot to fail.
>
>I just committed the the simplest possible fix, removing that line from the
>startup script. If the maintainer (cc'ed) has a better idea, that's not a
>problem, but since I use cups as well, I knew this was going to be a
>problem, and I wanted to make sure this didn't bite any more people than
>absolutely necessary.
>
>Doug

I announce that the built-in sendmail and the isc-dhcp3-server-3.0.3
port also fails at boot
for sendmail, only the local mqueue is running, sendmail is not
accepting connections from the outside...
Removing the PROVIDE Label in the scripts solve the problem   for
isc-dhcpd only....

best regards.

Martin MATO