Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:19:20 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst.dehaan@nl.wanadoo.com>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ant script annoyances

Jonathan and all,

A patch has been committed.

Indeed the 'normal' Ant behaviour is now the default. An environment setting
can be used to enable the 'non-compatible' behaviour, the inclusion of all
shared JARs. I've called this variable ANT_INCLUDE_SHARED_JARS. It's
longish, but at least it covers the load... If this variable is set to YES
(case-sensitive!) then the FreeBSD-specific behaviour is enabled.

The port has been updated to 1.6.0_1. If you can't wait for the CVSup
mirrors to pick this up, download the following patch:
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~znerd/apache-ant-1.6.0_1.diff

You can use the following to test the port once installed:
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~znerd/build.xml
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~znerd/Test.java

Once you've installed the 1.6.0_1 port, put the build.xml and the Test.java
in one directory and execute 'ant -verbose' twice. Once with the
environment variable ANT_INCLUDE_SHARED_JARS set to YES, and once with that
variable unset. You should be able to see the difference in CLASSPATH.

See also:
http://www.freshports.org/devel/apache-ant/

Ernst