Date:      Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:14:15 +0900 (JST)
From:      Kazuhito HONDA <kazuhito@ph.noda.tus.ac.jp>
To:        yongari@kt-is.co.kr
Cc:        mat@cnd.mcgill.ca
Subject:   Re: uaudio patch, configurable buffer size

Hello,

From: Pyun YongHyeon <yongari@kt-is.co.kr>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:04:19 +0900

> AFAIK, we already have format converter in kernel.
> See feeder_fmt.c. The converter detects differences between hardware
> capabilities and audio samples and automatically converts it(e.g.
> big endian <->little endian, mono <-> stereo, signed <-> unsigned,
> ulaw<->alow etc).

Ah, I haven't found it for a long time.
I tried to change the caps in uaudio_pcm.c,
and a sampling rate can be converted correctly as you wrote.

I'll challenge to use this converter in uaudio, too.
If I or someone will succeed in it,
I'll write to PR usb/78028 that it should be closed except applied.

regards,
Kazuhito HONDA