Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 1998 16:44:07 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux "best of breed?"

Well, I'm sorry, but I don't continue to nag, it doesn't look as
if anything is going to happen. Fact is, FreeBSD is losing fast
to Linux in mindshare, and if this trend isn't turned around soon
there will be no way to do anything about it later. You'll see
lots of great UNIX programming tools, applications, etc. coded
in a way that's so Linux-specific that you won't be able to get
by without a Linux box. Do you really want to have to shake your
head and tell people, "I'd like to recommend FreeBSD for this
task, but under the circumstances you'd really best go with Linux?"

Sorry to disturb you, but this is your wake-up call.

--Brett Glass