Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:25:41 PST
From:      "Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   about xdm

Hi, I followed the instruction in the installation guide about test my
desktop manager.

xdm -nodaemon &

I entered a X desktop which prompts with my host name and ask me enter user
IP and password. But after I enter the userID and password. There is another
dialog box ask me choose a session. I don't have any session to choose
except "default/fail safe" or "cancel". Both choice put me still under same
situation - asking my userID and password. I even try to ctrl-C to kill the
process. but it can't work and I cannot leave the desktop manager. What can
I do to jump out this situation? Thanks.

Lei