Date:      Wed, 04 Jul 2001 21:33:50 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel getting files from out of kernel tree.

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <3B43E764.3333C898@elischer.org> Julian Elischer writes:
> : I just noticed that the kernel seems to be getting setjmp.h from
> : ../../../../include which is /usr/src/include.
>
> There are lots of files that are snagged from the source tree as a
> grep of .depend shows.

that doesn't make it right..
If you do the make depend with the /usr/src not present (excepg for sys)
it doesn't grab the others. That raises the possibility that a compile may
be different depending on whether or not the kernel tree was in a
populated /usr/src, or just isolated.
(e.g. whether the system install was of type "Kernel-developer" or "developer")