Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:49:11 +0000
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@mail.double-barrel.be>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape Looping

> what the hell ... me think you crazy but...

;-)

You can basically do anything that loads the xserver I think. I originally
noticed when I was running kdump on a huge ktrace file in an xterm while
trying to figure out what was going on. The busy xterm made it work too.
ico is just a nicer way of doing it (and it's in my tvtwm menues ;-)

> > A bit icky - but it works all the time. Without it netscape never starts.
>
> Do you use the static version for linux with the linux module loaded ?
> because even on my 486 it works fine aldo slowly at loadtime becuase the
> box only has 32Mb of RAM.

I've been using the FreeBSD version, and I think I've had similar trouble
since version 3. Definitely I've had trouble with all the version 4 netscapes.

	David.