Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 12:52:13 -0500
From:      "James E. Marker" <jemstone@triplet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hard Drive Mount Locations....or DPT RAID0?

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a PentPro-200 with 64 Meg
of RAM.

Questions:

1.  Can I have a hard drive mounted as /var and also mount
     two other hard drive as /var/msg and /var/msg/alt?

     I am trying to set up two 9 gig drives to hold news.

     The final configuration will be a 2 gig drive for /usr,
     a 2 gig drive for /var, a 9 gig drive for /var/msg, and
     a 9 gig drive for /var/msg/alt.  All the drives are ultra-
    wide SCSI drives with an adaptec 2940 controller.

2.  Or, has anyone made a DPT SmartCacheIV PM2044UW
     with a RC4040 RAID adapter work with FreeBSD?  I asked
     this once before, but got no responses.

     If I can get this combination to work, I will have a 2 gig
     drive for /usr and a RAID0 array of a 2 gig, and two 9 gig
     drives as /var.

Sorry, multiple drives are new to me.

Thanks...

Jim...