Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:15:33 +0000
From:      "Joao Barros" <joao.barros@gmail.com>
To:        "Kenyon Ralph" <kralph@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD with undetected USB keyboard

On 3/20/06, Kenyon Ralph <kralph@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/19/06, Andreas Rudisch <cyb.@gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:04:01 +0100, Kenyon Ralph <kralph@gmail.com> wro=
te:

> > > I have a USB Microsoft Natural Keyboard connected to an Intel
> > > SE440BX-2 motherboard.  The keyboard works fine in the BIOS setup and
> > > in Linux booted from a CD.  Booting with a
> > > 6.0-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso CD gives me no keyboard functionality a=
> > > all.
> >
> > Have you tried option 7 'Boot FreeBSD with USB keyboard' of the boot me=
nu
> > yet?
>
> Kind of difficult since I can't use the keyboard. :)

When you have "USB Legacy support" enabled in the BIOS you should
still have a working keyboard up till the loader stage.
With that you should be able to select option 7 'Boot FreeBSD with USB
keyboard' of the boot menu as mentioned.
You should also be able to go to loader options and do a "load kbdmux"
and boot afterwards. Note this option only works on 6.1 BETA and there
are ISOs  to download :)

--
Joao Barros