Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:09:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Oleg N.Kolesnikov" <oleg@nnk.univers.chernovtsy.ua>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: /etc/aliases troubles - advices didn't help!

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:
> "Oleg N.Kolesnikov" wrote:
> > I removed the quotes, so there is something like this:
> > community: :include:/home/ok/users_list
>
> > and I got error message again!
> > the only difference was in the quotes:
> > 'mail.local: unknown name: :include:/home/ok/users_list'
>
> Never seen this before. It doesn't seem to be recognising the
> :include: command. Perhaps try something from our /etc/aliases file on
> freefall:
>
> cvs-committers-outgoing:        :include: /home/mail/cvs-committers
>
>                                          ^ note this space
>
>                         ^^^^^^^^ probably doesn't make any difference,
> but try a tab in there

I have many lists, all without spaces, infact they simply have a single
space between the name: and the :include, ala:

sunmail-outbound: :include:/usr/local/mail/lists/sunmail
dept-prod-outbound: :include:/usr/local/mail/lists/dept-prod
dept-is-outbound: :include:/usr/local/mail/lists/dept-is

(to show a few)

Make sure '/home/ok/users_list' is readable by whatever sendmail runs
under on your system.

-Brandon Gillespie