Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:25:12 +0000
From:      Yann Golanski <yann@kierun.org>
To:        rihad <rihad@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports security branch

Quoth rihad on Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 14:18:13 +0400
> A very interesting script for its own purpose, but I'm afraid this
> doesn't answer my question at all. Perhaps seeing the way that e.g.
> Debian deals with the upgrade problem might shed some light on the
> issue. Hell, FreeBSD does exactly that for the base world+kernel, too!
> Not for the ports, though.

As far as I know, the way to keep up to date with ports is to follow
the procedure:

  portaudit -Fad
  if no_problems then quit
  else
    cd /usr/ports
    make update
    portupgrade port1 port2 port3 (...)

If you want to do that automatically, put my script (or a similar one)
into cron but that way lies pain.  You've been warned.

--
yann@kierun.org                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318