Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 2009 09:47:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@tutopia.com>
To:        yanefbsd@gmail.com, chet.ramey@case.edu
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, drosih@rpi.edu
Subject:   GNU readline (was Re: Alternatives to gcc)

(sorry that my mailer gives so much trouble)

--- On Mon, 2/2/09, Chet Ramey <chet.ramey@case.edu> wrote:

> > It all depends on what features people choose to use in GNU's
> > readline that makes it compatible or not with libedit.
>
> ...which means that it's not a drop-in readline replacement.=A0 And
> here we are -- back where we started.

We don't need a drop in replacement, we need a replacement that works well =
enough for the base system.=20

Like in the other BSDs the ports/packaging system can continue carrying GNU=
 readline.

Why go into all this trouble? GNU readline is part of an evil plot:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html

Pedro.=0A=0A=0A