Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 23:38:46 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        tom@inna.net (Thomas Arnold)
Subject:   Re: 1522 problem.

As Thomas Arnold wrote:

> I'm having a strange problem with the 1522 driver in FreeBSD-release.
> It is to be used with an HP Scanjet 4C.  I have purchased XVScan to use it.
> XVScan used the scanner as a Processor Type device.
> After making all the proper devices, if I actually make the mistake of
> trying to USE the scanner, the machines locks and I mean --LOCKS--.

Sadly, the aic6360 driver looks very unfinished, and there seems to be
nobody around who's going to fix it.  I've just been playing with a
Scanjet 4C today, and it works fine with the `hpscan' port -- but
that's on my AHA2940.  There's a card that's shipping with the
Scanjet, but it's something different (no Adaptec chip).  I'm not
going to use it anyway.

--
cheers, J"org