Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:26:00 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Roop Nanuwa' <roopn@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 'Stayalive' telnet session...

Use screen.  It allows you run multiple sessions from the same terminal, and
you can switch between them, detach the screen sessions, etc.  So, you can
dial in, start what you need to do, detach your sessions, and even cut the
link, all without compromising the things you're doing on the remote host.

Get it from the ports collection.  It is hugely useful, once you get the
hang of it.

Dan

http://www.hotmail.com.

http://profiles.msn.com.