Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 1996 15:34:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, stable@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: aic0: problems?

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >  The aic driver is very poor (and very slow), and should probably be
> >avoided.
>
> ^avoided^fixed
>
> >Tom

  Well, I don't know enough of the SCSI protocol, or the aic chipset, so I
couldn't do it.  Adaptec seems to have disavowed the 1510, as I can no
info on their ftp site either.

  Anyone who really understands this stuff, is working on more recent
hardware (ex. AHA 2940, and NCR PCI), which the way that it should be.

  BTW, how well does the 1742 driver work?  This is a bit of an old card,
but as I recall, it had pretty decent performance.

Tom