Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 2003 15:52:01 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        deischen@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wi0_cmd: busy bit won't clear

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 03:38:42PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
>

> I just got that (wi0_cmd: busy bit won't clear) today when
> booting with my DWL-650H inserted.  I've seen it before also,
> so I wasn't sure if it was an issue with recent changes or not.
>
> I worked around it by removing it and then reinserting it
> and manually ifconfig'ing it.  My normal setup is to have
> dhclient run on it at boot up.  So try rebooting without
> the card inserted and then insert it and manually configuring
> it (if you haven't already tried).

You mean remove the card totally ?
I triedto remove the ifconfig_wi0=DHCP in rc.conf
and ifconfig the card manually (I had a wicontrol -i wi0 -q SSID in
/etc/rc.local)

but I then get :no carrier in ifconfig wi0.

Finally I got a stack backtrace "lock order reversal". Uhh, it
seems a mess.

And even if I get it working by manually configuring the card,
what is the problem, who is gonna fix it and when?

> > Also I got strange (-160) **** can't allocate 0 bytes messages during boot
> > (while running as single user)

These were -166 UtAllocate .... messages. Don't kn ow where they com from.
But it seems you know them and when they are harmless....