Date:      Fri, 02 Jan 1998 22:47:27 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Romeo & Juliet?

> There will be, once I get the variable parser done.  On order for the
> variable parser to do any reasonable work, I need to get a feel for how
> Juliet handles configuration items; it's kind of a chicken-and-egg siutation.

When you say "variable parser", I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

> > Juliet in its current glory is available at
> > ftp://ftp.gsoft.com.au/misc/juliet.tar.gz
>
> I'll go get it now.  Oops, it was here before I could finish typing.  20K!
> Amazing!  ;^)

It's all this high-level language stuff.  Seriously, it still needs
some more file format support, and I'm not happy (yet) with the
transaction model either, but I've never come up with a better one.

I'd really appreciate *any* commentary on Juliet's internals; response
to date has been zero.

> Roger Wilco.  I hope to have some semi-intelligent questions soon.  Or perhaps
> I won't have any; your code may be so obvious I don't need to ask questions.  ;^)

I hope it's not _that_ bad. 8)

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\