Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:37:56 +0100
From:      Cliff Rowley <cliff@olive.co.uk>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patchset 9 + Orion 1.0.3 ==> Bus error

Have you tried another JIT?  Which one are you currently using?  I had
similar problems running Forte while using Tya.  OpenJIT seems to work
for me.

On a side note, has anyone had any luck running the AppletViewer?  In
patchset 8 it didnt run at all, in patchset 9 it runs but coredumps.

Ernst de Haan wrote:

> I tried a few more times, and the signal is triggered each time I run
> the application. So the problem is reproducable.
>
> So I tried to run the JVM without the JIT and then it worked fine. So
> the problem has something to do with the JIT. It may be in the JIT, or
> -less likely- be triggered by the presence of the JIT.
>
> Ernst
>
> Ernst de Haan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My Orion application server just crashed on patchset 9. It happened when
> > I clicked a link that referred to a JSP page. Perhaps this is an OpenJIT
> > problem.
> >
> > My system:
> >
> > * Pentium2-400/128 MB/SCSI/FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE
> > * All the ports necessary for ps9 are installed (according to
> >   checkports.sh)
> > * Orion 1.0.3
> > * OpenJIT 1.1.12

Cliff Rowley