Date:      Mon, 07 May 2001 09:50:35 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Shaun Dwyer <sldwyer@bigpond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bridging and link bonding with netgraph

Shaun Dwyer wrote:

> For configuring netgraph for bridging, i used the example script in
> /usr/share/examples/netgraph/ether.bridge .
>
> Is this to be expected when using netgraph for bridging? or is it
> because of some piece of hardware i was using, or something else?
> I dont think pocessor power was an issue, because it only peaked at
> 20% (from systat -vmstat).

We've heard many rumours of this 'variation' in netgraph throughput but
never been able to pin it down to anything particular.

Theoretically there shouldn't be any problem but in theory
and practice only agree in threory.. In practice theory and
practice tend to differ.. :-)

between what values dod the varioations in ping time vary?

julian

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org