Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 05:23:40 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sysinstall [ was Re: 5.0-RC1 install: disklabel editor ]

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:39:32AM +0100, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> + "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>:
>
> | In any case, in the disklabel screen down-arrow until you get to the
> | partition you want to use as swap. Note the size and press 'D' to
> | delete it. Then up-arrow to the entry at the top of the screen for the
> | slice the swap will be created in. Press 'C', enter the value for the
> | size of the swap space, press <enter>, and then select Swap. Bingo!
> | You have swap.
>
> This fits my memory too, but now after entering the size, I get
> directly to the question on naming the mount point.  Before that, if I
> remember right, there used to be a question whether I wanted swap or a
> file system.  That question no longer appears.

Yes and yes. With a fresh install I noted you do not get the Q about
swap/fs. I noted as well you get swap if you select "auto". I noted as
well that if the sysinstall happens to find a swap area from a previous
area it shows it as such, but will not use it without delete/create.

Sysinstall is busted in other areas as well. "Select all" no-longer puts
ticks in the boxes, if you tick each seperately it asks you every time
if you want to install the ports, after every tick, and once again at
the end. When I tried to configure an X-Server, it took me to the
X-Client menu...sysinstall if that is posible has become more than a
PITA than it always has been.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson