Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 16:33:36 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        rich@lamprey.utmb.edu, bde@zeta.org.au, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, roberto@keltia.Freenix.FR
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and the new malloc

J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:

> As Scott Blachowicz wrote:
> >
> > Would any of this talk of mallocs explain why I get segmentation violations
> > out of xrdb on a stock 2.0.5R/XFree 3.1.1 form CD system? Or should I
> > investigate a bit more?
>
> On which server?
This is all standalone on my home PC - So the answer would be, I guess, the
3.1.1 (u1?) XF86_Mach64 server.

> Try running xrdb without cpp.
I'll try that (or would upgrading to 3.1.2 possibly solve the problem too?).

Thanx,
Scott Blachowicz    Ph: 206/283-8802x240    StatSci, a div of MathSoft, Inc.
                                            1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                           Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org