Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 21:04:30 +0800
From:      "Ho Seng Yip" <hsengyip@mbox3.singnet.com.sg>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Htpasswd

Hi,

I am currently running Apache 1.3.4 on FreeBSD 3.1-Release. Basically the
machine is used for hosting purposes and I will like to be able to give my
users the ability to protect directories using '.htaccess' without telneting
into the server to access 'htpasswd' to create the file.

Is there a CGI script around which can interface with 'htpasswd' to output
the encrypted form of the password so that my users will be able to create
the '.htaccess' file manually ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Seng Yip