Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:54:30 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crash on boot when disks are present?

At 6:42 PM +0100 2000/3/2, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

>  Do you have set the geometry to 1023/256/63 on the affected drives?
>
>  You might want to look into PR# 16803 ...

	Where would this geometry be set?  From within the BIOS, I
presume?  I'll have to shut the machine down and take a look.

	I'll let you know as soon as I find out what it is currently set
to, but I think 1023/256/63 is what came up automatically.

--
  These are my opinions and should not be taken as official Skynet policy
Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>       Sys. Arch., Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin

Note: No Microsoft programs were used in the creation or distribution of
this message. If you are using a Microsoft program to view this message,
be forewarned that I am not responsible for any harm you may encounter as
a result.

See <http://i-want-a-website.com/about-microsoft/twelve-step.html>; for
details.