Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:26:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Joao Pedras <jpedras@webvolution.net>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freezing

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Joao Pedras wrote:

> eheh
>
> I mean dead frozen, like if I was watching at a screeshot of a X session ]:)

I used to get this on a game, which was trying somehow to load a font that
wasn't correct.  I found it wasn't really frozen, though, because you
*could* telnet in (very slow).  Are you *really* sure it's frozen?  Do you
have a network connection you can test telnet or ping with, or maybe a
serial terminal you could hook to it?

> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> >
> > Do you mean dead frozen, as in needs a reboot? or frozen for a second or
> > so?
> >
> > The first one I haven't seen recently, the second I have noticed.
> >
> > -Alfred
>

>                                           ^\   /^
>                                             O O
>
> Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
>                 -- Albert Einstein

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.