Date:      22 Apr 97 11:06:29 -0500
From:      Chris Brown <CBROWN@seitz.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem printing large PostScript files with GhostScript.

     I have little experiance with postsctipt and am having trouble
printing some files.  One in particular is a 1.4 Meg file of around
325 pages.  The printers that I have available are HP laserjet series
2 and 4.  Ghostscript gets to the 100 page point and quits.  This
happens when I attempt to print them direct and when I attempt to
convert the files into a PDF file since I can deal with a PDF file.
The PDF file is some 17+ Megs

     Is there a hard limit on GostScript in this area that I'm not
aware of?  Would it be a better bet to try to change to
magicfilters?