Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 09:22:09 GMT
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eql (like multilink) driver

In article <199609141350.JAA26899@bbs.mpcs.com> you wrote:
: Back in January Wicked Angel <wangel@wgrobez1.remote.louisville.edu>
: asked whether something like linux's 'eql' driver was available.

: That driver allows one to combine two physical serial links into
: one logical device as used, for example, to create a virtual
: 59.6k link out of two 28.8 modem links.

: There didn't appear to be a public reply to Angel's posting.  Does
: there exist a driver for FreeBSD to gain this functionality, perhaps
: a kernel option or might there be a multilink ppp capability yielding
: the same result?

 Yes.  There is a multilink ppp daemon around, i'm pretty sure it was
 announced on freebsd-announce, and it definately was on ftp.freebsd.org
 in /incoming last time i chekced (mpd or something..)

 Your millage may vary.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds