Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:09:41 +0100
From:      "chris scott" <chris.scott@uk.tiscali.com>
To:        "Lupe Christoph" <lupe@lupe-christoph.de>
Cc:        "John Howie" <JHowie@msn.com>, <admin@gbinetwork.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: roaming ipsec policies and racoon

Racoon certainly aunt well documented, the man page is all you get. Having
said that I have figured out most stuff I need to now. If only winkblows
would do user based preshared key lake racoon can. It would all be so easy.
Interestingly how do most ppl configure their vpn ipsec policies. I found
all the example ones out there would encrypt the inside of the gif,gre,
whatever tunnel. This didn't make sense to me as if you added another
network to one of the lans you would have to update your polices to cope
with the new traffic. I just setup a tunnel, and zebra running ripd on both
hosts then encrypted all tunnel traffic between both the hosts, in my case
ip protocol 4 ( gif tunnel ). Works fine for me all I have to do now is
configure a new interface for the new network and bang it sorts out the
rest.