Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:35:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        ahaverlach@sleektech.nl (Arno Haverlach)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What version of freebsd..

> Currently were going to reinstall all servers we have from redhat 9 to
> freebsd because redhat 9 is EOL...
>
> But after reading a few mails here that 4.9 is most likely not supported
> for a long time.. what version should we take then?
>
> We will be using it for multiple servers (mail, database, app, web
> etc..)

Go with 4.9.    Or, possibly waith until May and go with 4.10.
They will be supported for bug and security fixes for quite a while
and by the time you need to move to 5.xxx then you will have gained
enough experience in the FreeBSD world to feel comfortable moving
to the 5.xxx line - which by then, should also be ready for your servers.

////jerry