Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 01:06:33 -0500
From:      "Ryan Masse" <rmasse@max-info.net>
To:        <Shaun942@cs.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Null Boot (formerly (no subject))

From: <Shaun942@cs.com>

> MY machine is a thinkpad a20M.

LOL sorry thats the same machine i and a bunch of my fellow workers have...
Alright heres the scoop. IBM uses the same partition type for its suspend
and hibernation mode. So when you installed freebsd onto your laptop and
tried to reboot it thinks ur bsd partition is a hybernation file so it tries
to to boot it and fails. You won't have any luck access anything u can't
even get into your bios, ur hd is now a paper weight =\ You will need to rma
it back and get a replacement and use some other OS until IBM comes out with
a revision. I work for an IBM afiliated company and IBM denies any wrong
doing so to say for this problem. It took us 3 hds and multiple
conversations on the phone with their engineers bfore we figured out the
prob.

Sorry for the bad news.
If you would like more info just ask.

Ryan Masse