Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:06:28 -0800
From:      Jonathan Feally <vulture@netvulture.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   My floppy doesn't detect properly on 4.9-Stable

Hello,
I have 2 different machines running 4.9-Stable both of which don't
detect the FDC. Both machines are complety different hardware.
The floppy was detected on one of the machines back when I had it
running 4.8-Stable. I don't know if the floppy was working on the other
machine.
I get the following message on both machines.
dmesg:
fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range
fdc0 failed to probe at port 0x3f0 irq 6 drq 2 on isa0

kernel config lines:
# Floppy drives
device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
device          fd1     at fdc0 drive 1

The floppy works fine and I can boot from it.
Any idea's or fixes would be great

Thanks - Jonathan