Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 02:20:04 +0800
From:      "Thomas L." <tmliaw@pc.jaring.my>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Count page in lpr output

Hi!
    It is possible to get the number of page of a print file for lpr from
the print queue before the print file being printed out?  I am working on a
project  where I have to capture the print out submitted through lpr, count
the number of page of the print job, show it to the end user on another
workstation, only then print the submitted print job when the user press ok.

    Many thanks for any advice

Thomas Liaw