Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:39:27 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: Krb5-1.5

There is an issue with the new Kerberos 1.5. It does not currently support
building static libraries. I'm willing to leave the port at 1.4.3 until MIT
fixes the static library build. OTOH, if folks want 1.5, without static
library support, the 1.5 port is ready to commit. I may update the port to
build 1.5 if static libraries are not wanted and build 1.4.3 if they are
wanted. Static libraries are not a high priority for the Kerberos project
at the moment.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>